Sunday, January 5, 2014

How can we make our play better ? Bringing in support from both cerebral hemispheres..!

I was new to tennis. As usual, like others, the first step was to get control over the hitting by hitting the tennis ball to the wall. I am a right handed person, curious to be an ambidextrous player. In this stage itself, I started to play lefty.

It was so hard and thrilling. After a while when I switched to play righty, my play was much better. When I played righty for a long time continuously, I was not that good when compared to when I shift my play from left to right. I started to analyse, what happened. I made a hypothesis.

When we use our normal habits, like playing righty myself, the reflex plays more role than the voluntary thinking of the brain. When we play with other hand, its a bit difficult. You get your brain to think a lot, each and everything. You try to get control on the things. So eventually you will understand the game better. And moreover when you switch to normal, you feel comfortable and at the same time more assistance from your brain in the thinking process. I think this makes our play better.

Now I am an ambidextrous player in lawn tennis, table tennis. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment